Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back in the Day: The Wedding Part 1

This will be part one of a three part "Back in the Day" post. All about our wedding. The first picture is actually Dave and I at our best friends' wedding the year before we were married. We met each other because he was the Best Man and I was the Maid of Honor.
Here is my Dad and I getting ready to walk down the aisle on the big day. June 20, 1998.
Here is David standing at the alter, waiting to take the plunge. He was 22 at the time. I remember that it seemed like he was SO old. I was 19.
This is the little waiting area in the chapel before we were married. Yes, we were married in a chapel in Las Vegas - The Las Vegas Wedding Gardens. Funnily enough it has since been torn down. In the picture is my Mom's back, Peggy, Me, and my niece/Goddaughter, Alyssa.
This is right after I had gotten my dress on in the hotel room I was staying at in Circus Circus. Cherie (left) was my Maid of Honor and Jessica (right) was my bridesmaid. Alyssa (bottom) was so pretty in her yellow dress. I have a VERY long story about why I only had two bridesmaids, but I'll save that for another time.
Here is Chris, Andy, and Dave arriving to the wedding. Matt was Dave's other groomsman. You can see Vegas in the background on this picture.
Do I look stressed out to you? I was, a bit. This was about five minutes before I walked down the aisle. The next Back in the Day post will be of the ceremony. Hope you enjoyed these, thanks for voting!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, you look beautiful!!

    That one pic at the hotel... I think I have the same hairbrush... still. I've had it for like 15 years. Large, white & black, people call it my ping-pong paddle. Totally random.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ten years ago and how you, David and Alyssa have changed. All good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you shared these with us. I can't believe how young everybody was! You looked great. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:01 PM

    Aimee',

    Great pics!! Do you have a pic of me with Peggy and also Rick at your wedding? Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:24 PM

    I remember how stressed you were! What wonderful pictures these are, they bring back fond memories, it was such a happy day. Both of you look so good, and I remember how happy David was. You too once you relaxed. The day after that we spent together was fun too. Thank you so much for this wonderful walk down memory lane. I hope the kids took a look at their Mommy and Daddy here.~Peggy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember this day like it was yesterday!! You guys were sooooo young! And look at you now.. almost an old lady of 30 :) The wedding was beautiful, but not as beautiful as the bride! More pictures please!

    Love, Denice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:34 PM

    Hi Aimee',

    After re-reading my blog I felt selfish asking for other wedding photo's....here is my e-mail address...can you please write to me...teddybg123@yahoo.com
    Katherine (Peggy's friend)

    ReplyDelete