Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back in the Day: The Wedding Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of The Wedding. Here are some pictures of our reception which was held in the same place as the wedding. As far as Las Vegas weddings go, we were pretty impressed with the whole thing!

Cutting the cake with our Mickey and Minnie wedding things. I was SO happy that we did Disney. I still am. It's so totally us.
One of the only pictures I've found of DAVE getting clobbered with cake. He was much better at it than me.
Dancing with my Dad to Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable"
Dave dancing with his Mother.
Ellie, Mrs. Straub, Melissa, Julie (in the back) and Jessica blowing bubbles.
David and I dancing. I don't think we've slow danced since the wedding. I'm not sure my feet could take it.
A bunch of friends and family. It's not a great quality picture, but one of the only big group ones that we have.
Here is Andy (Best Man) serving champagne to us and Cherie. They were very nice and let me drink at my wedding even though I was underage. Luckily I didn't finish a drink the whole time I was at the reception. I just started quite a few!
Everyone telling me to look at the camera, but I was FINALLY relaxed and in AiméeLand. I didn't need to look at no stinking camera.
Yeah, he clobbered me with the cake on my face. Good thing I never cared all that much about makeup.
Dave and his boys in the singing circle. For some reason they sing Hotel California at weddings. It really makes the bride feel either special or addictive!
There are the girls, me, and Dave's sisters singing back at the boys. I'm sure our song was more appropriate. (it might have still been Hotel California. I had started about five drinks by this time)
Yeah, him clobbering me with cake some more.
Dave blowing bubbles with his mother.
Cutting the cake. Before I was clobbered.
Dave's Aunt Bevey, Grandma Ruth, and Mother.
The cake and everything really did turn out so nice. We were very impressed!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:51 PM

    Oh my goodness this is so much fun! It's just like being back there, seeing the cake, hearing the music and blowing bubbles. Although David did have to show me how to do that! I love looking at your dress again, it was so beautiful and you made it even more so. I hope Katherine sees we are in the background of the ninth picture. I think Rick is the only one that took one of her and I dancing. I loved your cake too, I remember going and looking at it before hand and thinking how cute Mickey and Minnie looked on top. It is so you! Thank you so much Aimee, I for one am enjoying this SO much!~Peggy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... memory lane.... what a trip that was... gosh we all looked young and cute there ;-)

    ReplyDelete