Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fruit Pizza Recipe

Sent via e-mail from my Mom :)

Fruit Pizza
Crust:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 1 package crushed pecans

Mix together and pat on a greased pizza pan and bake 8-10 minutes in a 400 degree oven. Cool(lately, I don't do this! I buy a roll of sugar cookies and pat that out and bake it.)

Second layer:

Cream 8 0z cream cheese and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. (I add a couple of tablespoons of orange juice) Spread on cool pizza crust.

Glaze:

  • 2 Tablespoons corn starch
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup pineapple and mandarin orange juice from the canned fruit (I add some pineapple juice to this and don't use as much of the mandarin orange juice)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla

Cook until thick, stirring all the time. Cool

Arrange fruit on the cream cheese layer.

Spread the glaze on top of the fruit.

In the winter, I use grapes, bananas, mandarin oranges and pineapple. You need to always use the pineapple and mandarin oranges, but can use some of the available fruit in the summer. If you use strawberries, you need to serve it pretty quickly as the strawberries break down. I always put my sliced bananas in water and lemon juice so they won't turn brown. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Sally1:12 PM

    I forgot to say to spread the glaze on top of the fruit! oops

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm i love fruit pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i've made this! your mom's just looked so much better... i think it's because of the glaze.

    i made it in the summer (with the sugar cookie dough) and used raspberries and strawberries.

    makes me want to make it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ymmmm.. I want to try this real soon.. since I am cooking every day now always need new recipes and enjoy having you share here!
    Love, Denice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, I'm hungry.... I saved this for you in the family recipes should you somehow lose it.... Oh and I found another recipe for you... I will have to send it one of these days...

    ReplyDelete