Thursday, January 29, 2009

Spelling Aimée and deployment stuffs

Hello friends and neighbors! I thought I would tell everyone how I make the computer spell Aimée correctly. It took me a while to remember to put the accent on the first E and then even longer to figure out how to make the computer do it (it was like 20 minutes total). So, I thought I would share that with you fine folks.

After you type Aim then hold your "Alt" button and press 0233 and release the "Alt" button. The "é" will appear and you just press e to finish Aimée. It's part of the character program in word. I don't know if it will work if you are anti-Windows (Mike!), but for the rest, there you go. Enjoy.

In deployment news I have finished everything I need to do on base except the final out. I had to go and zero my M-4 rifle (look just like the bottom one in this picture). It was brand new from the manufacturer and that was fun throwing a few rounds down range with it. On Monday I have my final out processing appointment and then I pick up my weapons and fly out Tuesday VERY early. My buddy is picking me up to take me to the Airport at about 5:15 on Tuesday.

Well that's about it for now. I'm just spending time with Aimée and the kids until I leave for now. You all take care out there and we will talk to you later.

5 comments:

  1. it took me FOREVER how to figure out how to do the é for José, glad im not the only one! LOL

    good luck on your journey, keep safe and know we are all praying for you back here! take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK... I am just a dork apparently. My middle name is Re, with the ' over the e also...was so excited, but I can't get it to work.....:(
    Denice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..shoot..I am not sure why, but when I used the number pad instead of the numbers at the top it worked!!! Ré! I am so stoked!
    Love, Denice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:49 PM

    Thanks for sharing and telling us how to do the é...there I got it! You be safe out there! Take care and I am sure we'll be hearing from you once in a while.
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a safe trip over here. If you happen to pass through Baghdad airport or camp victory on your way in and you can get to a phone, call me: DSN 485-4892.

    ReplyDelete