Monday, February 09, 2009

3 Day Week

Only two more days left for the kids at school. They both don't have spelling words this week so are very happy about that, since all they have to do is read for homework.

Drew brought his Valentines into class today. His teacher is allowing them to bring them whenever and she'll hold them until Wednesday when it is time to give them out. Natalie's have to wait until Wednesday to be turned in, and she is very excited. This year, Drew chose NBA Valentines (No Washington Wizards, but they DID have the Lakers - woo!) and Natalie chose puppies and kittens, because she loves looking at pictures of the cute ones (wonder where she got that from? This is one of my favorite places to go for cute animal goodness!)

It is VERY windy here and rained last night and this morning. I just talked to my Dad and they are having thunder in Lincoln right now, so I thought I would make a quick post in case my Internet and/or electricity goes out.

I finally cried last night, thanks to Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. After I put the kids to bed, I really cried a lot, and now that I got it out of my system, I feel good.

That's it from this end. I am making pork chops for dinner tonight, which sounded good to all of us! (no special recipe, I'm Shake N Baking it!). I was able to talk to my husband today for a bit. I just have to say that he is the best! More from me soon, I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. Sally4:56 PM

    You are sounding very organized as well as Andrew and Natalie. If I remember correctly, we were always doing Valentines the night before.
    You may be getting more rain as we are getting some now at 5:00 PM. A good cry is so refreshing! Dad and I shed a tear over that show last night, too. Stay inside tonight so you don't blow away and hold on to Lily! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh, I remember valentines during those elementary school years. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss passing out valentines and making valentines day boxes... so much fun! heck, i even miss writing my spelling words 20 times each! HA!

    its veryyyyyyyy windy here too, but fairly warm. i think we have a chance of some thunderstorms here too. im nervous about them - i wonder how austen will react? i remember when i was pregnant and if it thundered too loudly he would kick me SOOOOO hard!

    our power went out today at work for about 5 minutes... too bad it didnt stay out longer LOL wishful thinking!

    glad youre hanging in there... youre one tough chickie, i love you girl!

    ReplyDelete