Sunday, February 08, 2009

Cleaning and Laundry

And movies. That's about all we did today. The laundry is finished and the kids' rooms are clean. I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop and for us to turn into sobbing puddles of sadness, but so far, we're all coping so well, I marvel at it. Maybe after ten years of being an Air Force wife, I've finally gotten the hang of it? Time will tell.

We had a movie-filled weekend and the kids asked me if we could do the same during their five day weekend that begins Thursday. I'm considering going to my Mom's house, but I'm not sure yet. I believe I've been fighting the flu a bit (nothing serious, no vomit, the other stuff!) and it may be turning into a cold. I'm not sick and on the couch all day, though.

As you can see, I redecorated the blog with a yellow ribbon while waiting for a load of laundry to finish soaking. I really would like to tweak the layout and stuff more but I just don't feel like writing html and re-figuring out how the templates work on Blogger right now, though I may get bored enough to do so in the coming months.

Dinner tonight is the last of the leftovers, which the kids haven't complained about once. When I was making the menu for the coming weeks, they even asked if I would make Chili again! I told them we'd probably need a break from it for a bit and they were okay with choosing some other meals.

So boring around here, I know, but boring is good. The kids are happy and relaxed, which makes me really happy. They did their Valentine's Day cards yesterday and once I get caught up on house work I need to focus on writing Thank Yous and sending out some belated cards of my own. Please don't be offended if it takes awhile, I am still adjusting to running things on my own, and I don't want to get overly stressed about things, because I know that will lead to an unhappy Mommy, which in turn leads to unhappy children.

That's it from me. Did you notice how much Dave likes to post pictures of grills? I know he's posted two in the last couple of days and there is another couple hidden around here in the two years of blogging we've done! He cracks me up! Happy Sunday, I hope you all have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. I like the new blog layout. Good job! Sounds like you are doing very good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:05 PM

    I love the ribbon! I cut the back off of the yellow ribbon pins Melissa bought when she was there and turned them into necklaces and we both put ours on Tuesday when David left. They will remain on until he is back safe and sound in your arms.
    I do believe laundry is your therapy!! It's good to have all of that stuff done and have a relaxing weekend. I hope you don't start feeling any worse. You have gotten so strong, a couple of years ago by now you would just be in bed. Yipee for you!
    I'm sure you will have times in ahead that won't be as easy going as right now but you will just sob or whatever you have to do and then move on. I know you will handle the whole just fine~Peggy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:03 PM

    David called as I posting my last comment and I wasn't quite finished but wanted to give all of my attention to talking to him.
    I hope you don't worry about thank yous, a happy Mommy is what is important so all things in their time. Just enjoy being off of the predisone and coming back to life. That is so great and I for one want you to relax and concentrate on yourself and those beautiful children.
    Now I think I'm finished except to say I love you all~Peggy~

    ReplyDelete