Tuesday, February 03, 2009

He's Gone..

As Dave mentioned, he's now in Fayetteville for a couple of weeks before heading out to Afghanistan. It was almost eerie waking up this morning and feeling for him next to me only to encounter a piece of paper saying he loved me that he had left. I was sure I would be up to say good-bye to him, but last night the pills worked correctly and I slept in until 6:30am. I got a little teary-eyed when I realized that he was gone but was able to not go into hysterics and get myself up to be there for the kids.

Last night was probably the hardest. The kids both cried when they went to bed which made me cry a little. I know that if I just let go and sobbed that it would take awhile to pull myself together so I haven't let myself. I'm pretty sure some movie, TV show, or commercial will set me off eventually, but for now I'm glad I'm able to keep my emotions under control so the kids can see that we are really going to be okay.

I got out of the house for a little while today, and I have to admit it was nice to have that freedom (of the car at my disposal) again. Andrew has his music INformance (apparently they are going to teach us what they have been learning in music class as well as perform) tonight. I'm sure I'll take pictures, but don't know when I'll get the good ones onto the computer. I'm sure you'll be treated with a blackberry photo today though! My parents are going to come watch him tonight so he is very excited about that. Natalie is upset that we can't dress up the dog and take her as well, but seems to be getting over it now. She insists that she wants to be fancy tonight too, so she'll probably get all dressed up tonight. She is doing much better after her latest bought with Strep, and thankfully no one else in the house caught it.

On a happier note, I couldn't be more thrilled with my clean bill of health. The bone doctor even gave me this nose spray to help with my hip pain. I'm not sure if it was a placebo or what, but it seems to be working as my hip hasn't had the level of pain that it was having in a few days. Whatever it is, our co-pay on it is $22 (usually it is $3-$5) so it better not just be sugar water!

I was delighted to be taken off one of the steroids (prednisone) and to have two doctors reassure me that my weight gain can be almost entirely blamed on that one med. So far, I don't feel that I have lost any weight, but I'm sure after time I will because there is no way I am eating enough to maintain this. I was also happily surprised by the actual number on the scale (yeah, I know). It was about 50lbs less than I thought it would be (and I am someone who knows what weight I was at what size previously) which again proved that a lot of this is bloating and water weight. The other effects of that ONE LITTLE PILL also seem to have abated (moodiness, sleepiness, etc) which is so nice. I feel just a little closer to "normal" which is a great relief.

Thanks to everyone who called, texted, and commented with your support during my doctors' visits and Dave leaving. It means so much to me to know that you care, and you can't begin to imagine how much I appreciate your love, prayers, and thoughts!

Dinner will be early tonight so we can get ready at 6:30 to be at the school around 7. Since I was cooking all of Dave's favorites for over a week, we have a ton of left overs. I don't think I'll need to cook again until Sunday! Can't beat that!

6 comments:

  1. (((Aimée))) I wish I knew what to say. Keeping you guys in my prayers. You know the one good thing about turning 30? Time starts to move faster. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it sounds like you're doing wonderful considering all that you've gone through and will go through! Just remember to answer the housekeeping calls as you will need your pillow fluffed!!!

    Cant wait to see the pictures from tonight... and I'm sure you can manage to sneak Lily in.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of you and you're family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann (sister)6:50 PM

    I would be bawling - it's hard to contain even when you try to be brave for the kids. Bravo to you for handling it so well. Keep on blogging and facebook and text message to keep in contact with everyone. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of all of you..both for supporting and serving our country, and as a family for being so strong. Aimee, you are absolutely amazing and my hero!! My love and prayers will be with you all...check out my blog when you get a chance! Love, Denice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:13 AM

    Here I've been worried about you all day but when I talked to David he said you were doing fine and even went out for a while. Then I read what your wrote. You are wonderful Aimée and so in control of yourself and your children. I am so very proud of you. I am also happy to hear health-wise things are looking up for you. Last week when David was letting me know about your appointments for a while it seemed like things were turning into a nightmare and then all of a sudden everything turned around and started looking brighter. I am sure in the next six months you will all have your ups and downs but I know you are strong enough to do the best job possible for your family. I appreciate also the kind comments and support you've been receiving from everyone here on the blog. You are terrific Aimée! we will of course keep you, the kids and David in our prayers and before you know it you and I will be on the phone all day as David travels home! I love you!~Peggy~

    ReplyDelete