Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Made it to FayetteNam

I made it to Fayetteville today. Only about an hour late. There was plane issues in Atlanta (ON DELTA). All went well. Like I said I couldn't sleep so I got some cat naps on the planes. I can't do much more than that on a plane. On the first flight I got to sit next to Tom Osborne. For those that don't know Nebraska Football he is just a hair short of God in Nebraska. Led the football team to a couple of championships and is now the athletic director for the school. Really cool. We chatted for a while as we waited to take off and then as we were landing. He was headed to Florida for an alumni meeting and some fishing (I think he was VERY excited about the second part). I didn't think to get his autograph until after I got the text from Aimée to do it. Plus EVERYONE was shaking his hand and saying hi, so I felt good just BSing with him.

Fayetteville looks a little familiar. I am actually at the Pope Library killing a little time. I don't want to go to sleep yet. I have an 8am appointment tomorrow and I don't want to be up at 0300 again! So, I'm going to waste some gas and drive around and figure out dinner.

That's all I got for now. Thanks for the notes on this morning's post. You all take care out there.

3 comments:

  1. Sally3:13 PM

    Gary's comment:
    Oh, my God! I think he is more than a little envious. Hope all goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just asked Andy if he knew who Tom Osborne is and he's like "yeahhhhhhh" and I said how you sat next to him on the plane and he's like "NO WAY!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:27 AM

    Well now it is twice you've been through Atlanta with hardly a blink of an eye. Who said Mothers prayers aren't strong?? After talking to you tonight I have to say all and all the last 48 hours went pretty smoothly. I know it wasn't easy parting but the love you share for each other is a strong one and helps so much. The way you spent the day with each other yesterday is something all of you can hold in your hearts for a long time. I have complete faith that Aimée has everything under control and she knows all of us are just a phone call away if she needs anything. Tonight I think we will all sleep better. Enjoy your day~Love Mom~

    ReplyDelete