Monday, February 16, 2009

Tomorrow, Reality Starts...

The kids and I have really enjoyed each other during their little vacation. Today is their last day off and we are all a little bummed out. David also leaves the states tomorrow, which means no more daily phone calls or text conversations.

Since I am having the cramps (TMI? Too bad) I am taking it rather easy today although I have a few chores to get done by tomorrow. My Mom is coming here tomorrow morning to help me run a couple of errands that need to get done. I can't believe how much peace of mind it gives me to have her so close by, and so willing to help me out. Since we all know how my anxiety can get the best of me, it is nice that she is helping me combat that tomorrow. I just don't want to be one of those drivers that gets in an accident because I don't know how to drive in the ice. I'm sending up mega-prayers that it melts soon so I won't have to worry about skidding around.

The kids and I all cried when we watched The Amazing Race last night. We are all still doing really well with David being gone although there are moments where I know I could just start crying and not stop for a couple of hours if I let myself. I think that it will be good for the kids to get back to school tomorrow, to see their friends, and get their mind off of things. While it has been good bonding time for us this snowy weekend, I know they need to be out of the house and I can't keep them right beside me the whole six months, no matter how much I want to!

I am going to go get the heating pad and put it on my stomach for a little while. Cramps hurt.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:16 AM

    I can sure sympathize with you about those cramps after 40 plus years of them. Hopefully by tomorrow they will be better. Best just to lay around with the heating pad and try to relax and keep your mind off of them. It says here in fine print!!
    I'm glad your Mom will be with you tomorrow, I think that will be a big help in more ways than one. I seem to be in a funk too and the weather sure doesn't help nor the fact I haven't been able to carry on with my usual stuff because of it. I think I'll walk today even thought it's raining just to get out and get some exercise and fresh air.
    I tried watching Harry Potter last night because that ususally takes my mind off of things but it didn't seem to work as well as I had hoped. Once we get into this more I think it will be easier. I'm really looking forward to being with you three in a couple of weeks that should cheer us up. We always have fun when we're together.
    Take care of yourself and enjoy the rest of the day with the kids. I love you all so much!~Peggy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think that Amazing Race was that sad (ha ha) - j.k. It seems like all of our fav reality shows are starting up again: Survivor (love it!), Amazing Race, American Idol, and soon Celebrity Apprentice. Well, its just mindless entertainment for us to enjoy and take our mind off of other things, right?

    Good luck this week - you are going to do just fine!

    Love ya
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there.... Be strong. I will be praying for you all!

    Love,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you guys,
    Don't let those )&(* ^* cramps get the best of you. So glad I don't have to deal with thatany more!!! You are all in my prayers.
    Love, Denice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your cramps feel better soon. That can be sucky.

    Stay strong and enjoy the time with you and your kids. Hopefully you'll look back with at least a bit of fondness with all the close bonding you can do.

    Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete