Saturday, February 07, 2009

We're Still Here Too

I haven't written, but the kids and I are doing fine. Better than we expected to be honest. Not that we don't miss Dave, but we've started off this time apart on a pretty positive note, so I am pretty happy.
Drew had his Music Informance on Tuesday night and it went really well. I was so proud of him. The fourth grade did four musical numbers, and I was able to see Drew use his recorder for the first time (Well, the first time that wasn't his practicing at home!) During one of the other songs, Drew was the kid in the middle, in charge of helping keep the beat through a game. He was the only kid that the music teacher mentioned by name. The finally number was a group participation thing and each kid had to pick an adult from their family to come up and dance with them. Originally Drew had asked me if I would be upset if he picked Grandma and of course, I was not. He ended up having me come up with him and we danced (kind of a reel dance I think it's called) together. There was a part that called for skipping, which I kind of hobbled through (more on the reason for that in a bit) but Drew and I ended up having a blast with the other kids and adults.

The reason I was hobbling, I'm assuming is because my hip is getting better. This happened when I first hurt it and was put in physical therapy and put on something other than narcotics. Because I wasn't favoring my hip and walking to accommodate THAT pain, when I was able to walk normally again, the rest of my muscles had to adjust. I am almost 98% sure that is what is happening. My legs don't hurt so much as feel like they are being used again in a different way. So that sugar water/nose spray is working! Woo!

I have read six books now since Dave has been gone. I know that seems excessive, but as anyone who has seen me read will tell you, I fly through books if I am either really into them or have nothing else to do. I read trashy romance novels a lot when he is away, mostly because of the fact that the guy never cheats on the woman. That is the reason I have sworn off Danielle Steel novels. I can't handle the constant cheating, it just makes me paranoid.

Natalie's shoes broke on Thursday so we went to Target and got her some new ones yesterday after school. She picked out silver (I'm talking shiny silver) with purple laces. They are certainly different, and look very cute on.

Today we plan on vegging and watching movies in the living room together. Drew and I stayed up late last night and watched Harry Potter and Rugrats. Right now we are watching Bratz, and they are taking turns picking the movie. I can't wait to buy Wall-E, which we got from Netflix and watched with Dave before he left.

That is it, I am tired today as I didn't fall asleep until after 4:30am. Thankfully the kids and pets didn't wake up until 9am, so I did get some rest. I'll write more soon.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see your post and that all is well. Prepare for claps of thunder tonight as they say we are getting imbedded thunderstorms. What a February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Well where do I start? You never cease to amaze me and I am so impressed with you and the children. This positive attitude will make the time go by so much faster.
    It sounds like a wonderful time you had with Andrew, I wish I could have been there to watch you two. This is a memory the two of you will hold in your hearts forever. Did anyone tape it? I'd love to have a copy if so at any price! I am also tickled PINK to hear that your hip is doing so much better. Miracle sugar water I say. I'm also glad to hear your back to reading your books. Great therapy and fun.
    Did you know in the book The Wizard of Oz that Dorothy wore silver slippers not red? Natalie must be feeling much better and that is great news.
    I love you all very much and hope you have a very relaxing and peaceful day.~Love Peggy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aimee,

    Glad to hear that you guys are doing so well..Sounds like so much fun at Drew's concert. I am so jealous that you are getting to read so much!!! I haven't read much since I was in England with you. By the time I get to the book I am so tired I fall asleep! Take care and have fun watching movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im glad youre hanging in there... i can only imagine how tough it is. you never cease to amaze me! i love you girl!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete