Saturday, April 18, 2009

Log Cabin Daverd

Meghan McCain gave a speech at the Log Cabin Republican convention. I tweeted about this to Daverd and he seemed to agree that he falls into this category. Honestly, I am not, and probably never will be a Republican, but this is almost enough to make me become an Independent again.

I am concerned about the environment. I love to wear black. I think government is best when it stays out of people’s lives and business as much as possible. I love punk rock. I believe in a strong national defense. I have a tattoo. I believe government should always be efficient and accountable. I have lots of gay friends. And yes, I am a Republican.

The full speech can be found here. I'm am so impressed with Ms. Meghan McCain, not that I agree with everything she says, but I think she is very brave for trying to bring about a new, more progressive Republican party.

No comments:

Post a Comment