Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sad Day for Football Fans

So, the Immortal John Madden has announced his retirement from NFL broadcasting (link). He is by far my favorite announcer for Football. You can't beat his explanations of the simple things plus the sound of him yelling "BOOM" or the talk about BBQing during Pre-Game. I have a few of his PlayStation Games and they Rock, except the 08 that had that retard Chris "someone should snap my freaking neck" Collinsworth doing the play by play. Hell his own company doesn't let him do play by play why did EA sports?

Well other than that there isn't a lot going on. Life is pretty much the same out here from day to day. My line number came up for the promotion I got last June (link) and that means I will actaully start getting paid and am allowed to wear my Master Sergeant Stripe on 1 May. I'm pretty happy about that. I think Aimée will enjoy the pay raise a little also! This is the first promotion she will have missed since we met each other. I know my unit will do another when I return and she and the kids will get their pictures taken with me as they "tack" my stripes on. But she will miss the real one. (little tears for Aimée)

Aimée wrote that she can't believe it's only been two months. Yeah, the 18th is two months down and four to go. 1/3 of the way there. It could always be worse and it could be a year "vacation". Well folks that's all I got going on. You all take care out there.

1 comment:

  1. Hate to say it but I won't miss that guys voice AT ALL!
    YAY for the new stripe!! that is cool!! don't worry, we will shed tiny tears ;-)
    1/3 doesn't sound like much.... but you're right... one year would suck... and throw off my groove!

    ReplyDelete