Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Care package and Ode to Jerry

Aimée told me to update my morale box list since she has been asked what I would like. Lets say the numbers 1-5 on my list are the little drink mixes for the singles of water. That's really all we got is lots of bottles of water, besides too much soda and I think I go through 5 to 6 a day. The guy next to me (the good one on my right not hat boy on my left) "borrows" from my supply also and his wife is sending some for us to share. After that I think the next best things are little snack stuff. Those individual bags of CHEEZE-IT's (really good choice), or cookies, Animal cookie crackers (the ones with the frosting and sprinkles), mini M&Ms (those are like crack from heavan), bags of little candies (Jolly Ranchers, Werther's). Things like that. Little Soduko book or the find a word puzzles so when you are waiting on something or processing food you can do that. Basically if they can fit in a Cargo Pocket those work best (that's what Steve sent me and I have almost completed it already). That's about all I can think of right now.

For a little note to Jerry and just to make Steve turn a little bit in his chair (go back to Texas and Jerry's choice of shirts!): We have to wear reflector belts out here so we can be seen in the dark. (Don't even think it makes sense to me!) In true Dave fashion I am following directions with a little bit of dig at the idea (or other term if idea doesn't fit)! I went and bought me a PINK reflector belt. That way if I am going to look stupid, I will look REALLY stupid. Plus my desk neighbor (the hat kid) couldn't seem to want to buy his own belt and kept asking to borrow mine, which meant I couldn't leave work until Mister common courtesy brought it back. So I bought the pink one and that is what he had to borrow or get his OWN damn belt. He promplty bought a belt after I told him I wouldn't give him my standard yellow one and all he got was the PINK! So I got to thumb my nose at dumb rules and teach the kid a lesson. Two points for Dave. I do still wear the pink one becuase, well it keeps people on their toes and I know Aimée would apprecaite me wearing her favorite color as my only bit of flair!

You all take care out there. By the way the 18th is 3 months down and three ISH months to go! Hang in there Aimée, I miss you and love you!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:23 AM

    Way to go PINK!
    LOL :)
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally7:20 PM

    Pretty funny, David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:24 AM

    Alan says he wants a pink one too! Can you send him one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lulu, I will send Alan one as soon as I can find them again!

    ReplyDelete