Monday, July 13, 2009

10 years old, REALLY?

So our son will turn 10 in just a couple of days. Where has all of the time gone? I was talking to my boss tonight about the night Drew was born and some of the fun stuff that followed. It's amazing that Aimée and I have such wonderful children. They really are great and I am very proud of them and my wife. I am very thankful that my wife puts up with me doing the job that I do and the kids seem to handle it pretty well also. I guess when you don't know that it's abnormal for your father to leave all the time, it isn't so bad.

I remember the weekend Drew was born like it was yesterday, which I actualy don't remember that well. That weekend was a blast! I came home from work that Friday and Aimée was definitely nesting. WOW, was she ever busy! It was really weird and funny at the same time! We went to Bury St. Edmunds that weekend and were shopping. It's amazing when pregnant women get out of another pregnant woman's way! Aimée's belly was sticking WAY out.

After Bury we went and watched SOUTH PARK: BIGGER, LONGER, and UNCUT at the base theater. I can still see her sitting next to me laughing with the popcorn sitting on her belly and we both eating from it! On the way home I went out of my way to find EVERY speed bump in Thetford to help knock that kid out! We got home and she took a bath in that little ass tub! I shaved her legs because there was just no reaching down to get them around that boy of ours! I eventually went to sleep and it wasn't a freaking hour before she woke me up to tell me it was time.

That was one long night and in the end our boy came out 10lbs and 10 oz. Beating each of the 5 sets of twins born two months before. Hell yeah I'm proud of my wife for doing that and my son for showing up with his fingers and toes! Since I get reminded about how much it is my fault the kids were so big, I just as well be proud of it!

Each birthday you miss sucks for a kid (and everyone else) but I am really bummed that I am missing this one for Drew. Ten is a big deal. My little boy is growing up and even gets his Base ID card. Aimée is going to wait for me to get home to get the card and I'm really glad. I want to be there for that. I just really am ready to get the heck home. Will be nice to not have to wear sunglasses to get to the shower or shoes in the shower either!

Well that's about it folks, about a month ISH left and Drew is getting older. You all take care out there and I will talk to you later.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I'm about to pop any day with my little boy and I can't wait for my DH and I to be able to share OUR story some day about his birth! :-)

    ReplyDelete