Sunday, January 16, 2011

Train Show

The kids and I went and checked out the Worlds Greatest Hobby Train Show (link: http://www.wghshow.com/) at the Qwest Center today. It was pretty cool. Lots of tracks and LOTS of displays to buy stuff. Natalie LOVED it but Drew was a little less than impressed. He wanted to see trains doing corkscrews and such. All in all we had a good time. Here's some of the pictures:

This was for Grandma Karla: The Des Moines, IA club using N-Scale trains. Pretty neat display:




This is the Daylight painted in its Freedom Train colors. This is for Grandma Peggy. They did this is 1976 for the Bicentennial. Next is the entire train from the other side.




This next one is for Husker Grandma and Grandpa and is a layout for Lincoln, NE.

This next display actually did impress Drew. Each pillar had 4 trains running in a circle holding up the top track of the train running around. It was a Lionel display that was very cool.

The kids and I had a good time and was a nice quiet time for Aimée at home to watch her Saturday Night Live since I don't exactly "enjoy" the show and the kids can't watch!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:19 PM

    Thanks, David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally4:20 PM

    okay, I said thanks, David..don't know why my name didn't show!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:30 AM

    Great pictures! And what a fun time. I guess I can't expect Andrew to like Elvis and trains! I'm glad you got out and had some fun.~Mom~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like what Metal Mike went to!!!

    ReplyDelete