Monday, February 14, 2011

Crappy Valentine's Day?

I found this recipe online for a kitty litter cake. I had the idea to make it for a joke for someone and held on to the recipe for awhile. Then it dawned on me - a-ha! I'll make it as a prank for Valentine's Day for the front office at Dave's work.

Dave woke up early this morning, even though we had Doctor appointments all morning long and went into the office and left this on his Commander's desk:


I guess it looked a little too real, because the Commander did NOT appreciate it being there when he got in. So, the verdict is out on how much this was appreciated, but I can tell you that it tasted DELICIOUS, despite how gross it looks!

Anyway, here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

  • One box Spice or German Chocolate Cake Mix (I used the German Chocolate.
  • One box White Cake mix (I messed up and made two boxes, but the result was great)
  • Vanilla Oreos
  • One large package instant vanilla pudding mix
  • Green Food Coloring
  • Tootsie Rolls

For Serving:

  • One NEW cat litter box (washed well)
  • One NEW kitty pooper scooper (washed well!)

To Prepare:

  • Prepare and bake cake mixes according to directions on box using any size pan
  • Prepare Pudding mix and chill
  • Crumble Vanilla Oreos in Blender or Food Processor
  • Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 Cup of cookie crumbs, mix with a fork and set aside.

To Assemble:

  • When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into the kitty litter pan.
  • Toss with half the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make them moist, but not soggy.
  • Heat the tootsie rolls in microwave (10 seconds or so) and shape into poopy shapes.
  • Stick the pooper scooper in the pan and serve on newspaper!

I hope that if you make this you enjoy it more than Dave's Commander did!

2 comments:

  1. haha that is disturbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:35 PM

    Oh My....Katherine

    ReplyDelete