Our family meal tonight was pork chops with Italian sausage. I got the base/original recipe from allrecipes.com, but have tweaked it (shocker) through the years to fit our family. Pictures in the two posts (from Dave and Drew with his new phone) below.
- 4 Pork Chops (Thick cut, bone in is our favorite, but anything will work)
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- 1 onion, slivered
- minced garlic to taste (I use a lot of garlic in everything)
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 T EVOO
- 2 T White Truffle Oil (optional)
- 1/4 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1/4 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 C dry red wine
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sprinkle pork chop with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Brown well in oils
- Place browned chops in casserole dish. Keep 1 T pan drippings
- Crumble sausage into pan
- Mix in Onions and Mushrooms
- Cook, stirring onions and brown slightly.
- Mix in garlic
- Spoon sausage mixture over the pork chops
- Pour in wine and tomato sauce
- Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes